Monday, May 3, 2010
Thailand: Updates on Commemorative coins to be issued in 2010
On 22nd December 2009, the Treasury department of Thailand had announced plans for release of commemorative coins during the year 2010. See updates on these coins below.
1. 10 Baht Bi-metallic coin marking "100 years of Command and General Staff College, Royal Thai Army" (http://numis-asia.blogspot.com/2009/07/thailand-new-commemorative-coins.html) - No definite issue date.
2. "World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Global Leader Award to HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej" - 16,000 Baht 99% Gold and 800 Baht 99% Silver proof coins along with a 20 Baht Cupro-nickel coin (http://numis-asia.blogspot.com/2009/12/thailand-new-commemorative-coins.html) - Issue date not finalised but sketches of design released.
3. "84th Birthday of HRH Princess Bejaratana Rajasuda Sirisobhabannavadi" - Silver 800 Baht, Cupro-Nickel 20 Baht and Bi-metallic 10 Baht coins - Will be issued very soon.
4. 10 Baht Bi-metallic coin marking "150th Birthday of HRH Prince Bhanurangsi Savangwongse" - No definite issue date.
5. 20 Baht Cupro-nickel coin marking "Father of Thai Trade title given to HM King Rama 3" - No definite issue date.
6. 50 Baht Cupro-nickel coin marking "150 years of Royal Thai Mint" - No definite issue date.
Two new coins are also being talked about.
7. "60 years Royal Coronation of HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand" - 25,000 Baht 99% Gold (26mmx15g) and 1,000 Baht 99% Silver (30mmx15g) coins - will be announced mid-May and made available to public by reservation only.
8. "60 years Royal Wedding of HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand" - details not known.